Thursday, July 26, 2012

The best way to apply concealer & my favorite makeup setting spray

Hi lovies! I just finished a six day work stretch at the ballpark, so i'm super excited to finally be off! I'm thinking of maybe bringing my camera to my cousin's house when I leave tomorrow so I will have the option of filming a tutorial or something if I get bored! The idea of filming kind of makes me nervous, but I really want to film a tutorial instead of just writing it all out like I usually do. That being said... let's get into the post!

I recently became a concealer fanatic in the last year because I needed something that would cover my under eye circles and the other imperfections on my face. I don't have a favorite brand yet, but if I come across one that stands out from the others I will definitely let you all know. I have tried applying concealer all different ways and though using your fingers or a makeup sponge does apply the product, they do not leave the same seamless finish that applying concealer with a concealer brush does. My favorite concealer brush is from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. I use the #003 brush and if you'd like to check it out you can see it on their website here. By using the brush, you are really able to blend the product into your skin so that there are no lines. I find that the product also seems to stay on longer when applied this way because it is really blended into your skin and not just sitting on top. If you use concealer, or are thinking of starting to use it I would definitely recommend investing in a concealer brush.

On to the next point of this post...... makeup setting spray. I believe that this product is essential all year for keeping your makeup in place, but it is especially useful in the summer. Since I work at the ballpark, I am basically working outside in the heat and humidity. I can definitely tell a difference in the way my makeup holds up between the days that I use the setting spray and the days that I do not. My absolute favorite makeup setting spray is by Kat Von D. This spray makes my makeup withstand sweating at work for 6+ hours at a time. It is literally amazing. This particular spray has a climate balancing technology in it so that it will keep your makeup intact for up to 16 hours to matter what the weather is like. Not to mention it hydrates your face and smells amazing!

Well, that's all for this post my loves. If you have a favorite concealer, I would love to know what it is to so I can try it. Also, if you try any of the products that I have mentioned in my posts I would love to know how you made out with them, so leave me comments telling me! And as always, if you have ANY requests please leave them in the comments or e-mail me at glitterocity@gmail.com!



Peace, Love, and Glitter
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment