Saturday, April 28, 2012

Eyeliner - types, tips, & tricks!

Hey guys! I figured i'd spice things up a bit & go for hot pink writing, do you like it? haha. Anyway... today's post is all about eyeliner. When I don't have my hands in makeup, I work at the Citizen's Bank Park in Philadelphia. Yesterday some of the ladies and I were having an eyeliner discussion since I wore a heavy wing look with red lips to work (pin-up inspired of course!) My friend said that she tried to apply eyeliner but it turned out a mess! So, I figured she couldn't be the only one with this problem and I figured I would post about it!
***I think I might even do a YouTube video on this, so I will keep you guys updated!


Okay, so there are many formulas of eyeliner available right now. You have pencils, powders, gels, and liquids. They all have their different purposes, but i'm going to tell you what I like to use the most and how I get my perfect wing! I used to be a faithful liquid eyeliner user, until I discovered gel liner! I am obsessed with gel liner now, it is literally amazing. Don't get me wrong, I still use my liquid at times! But in my opinion, gel is the easiest to work with.


This is my process: Maybelline make an intense gel liner, I'm literally obsessed with it. It come with a brush that i'm not really a fan of, so I usually use a very thin eyeliner brush that I got in a Bare Minerals kit or a use my MAC angled eye brush (I believe the number is 266). So first, I dip my eyeliner in the gel pot and then I wipe off the excess on a paper towel or a sponge. Then, I start in the middle of my eyelid close to the lash line. Eyeliner should be done in small strokes to reduce the risk of messing up! After that, i'll move on to the inner corner of my eye and connect the line that I made in the center. THEN, it's time to start the wing!!!


REMEMBER, it does not have to look perfect at first! That's what makeup wipes and Almay Q-tips are for. To fix your mistakes! Don't think too much into the wing either! A couple of people I have talked to get so nervous when it comes to doing a wing that they end up psyching themselves out and mess up, it's just makeup - not rocket science. For me, I start my wing where my middle line ends and I just extend the liner to the desired point on my face. Usually, I have the tip of my wing directly point to the end of my eyebrow. Then I connect the tip to the outer corner of my eye. Most of the time, my line isn't perfect straight on the bottom slant. So, I just take an Almay Q-tip an roll it along the bottom slant to make it more precise. Then just repeat these steps on the other side and your set! Perfect Wing!


If you're like me, your wings sometimes end up being more rounded at the tip. If you have this problem too, this is where the liquid liner comes in! I use Kat Von D tattoo liner and make my perfect point. This liner is amazing because you don't have to dip it in anything, the product just comes out of the perfectly pointed brush applicator! All I do to get the perfect point is go a little beyond the end of the wing and use the brush to make the point. It is that simple! If you would like to see a YouTube video on this or have any questions, don't hesitate to e-mail me at glitterocity@gmail.com!




peace, love, & glitter
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment