Monday, April 30, 2012

Blending, blending, & more blending!

Hi beauties! I woke up early today to type up my LAST english paper of the semester. I can't wait for my classes to be over so I can start taking big steps to set my career as a makeup artist in a faster paced motion. Anyway, I decided to write a blog post because there is nothing I love more than talking about makeup at 9:30 in the morning (not being sarcastic, it's really all I think about!!!) So, today i'm going to focus on blending because I think it is ESSENTIAL to create the perfect makeup look. Blending should be used on your eyes AND your face. You want a seamless look - not like you have layers of makeup on your face.


Blending is a no brainer. Honestly, if you have a decent set of brushes then blending is possible. I like to use the "dry brush" technique on my eye makeup especially. By dry brushing your makeup, it helps to reduce harsh lines (especially eye makeup). To dry brush all you have to do is take a brush with no product on it, and blend out the edge of the color you just applied. I usually do this after I apply my crease color so that it will easily blend into the eyebrow highlight!


I really don't know what else I could say about blending because it is such a simple technique. If you want to see a tutorial on blending or any other beauty related videos - comment on this post, or e-mail me at glitterocity@gmail.com. Also, if you have any suggestions for blog posts, or want me to review a product you can e-mail me that too! Like I said before, I want this blog to be for my readers (not just me rambling!) So let me know what you wanna see!






peace, love, & glitter
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment