Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My New Obsession - Dry Shampoo!

Hey guys! I hope all of your weeks are going great and moving quickly! It's supposed to be 80 degrees on Friday where I live (Southern New Jersey), I think I might go to the beach for the first time this season! This post is inspired by my own personal experience this month. I have been hearing about dry shampoos for awhile now, but I just never picked any up because I never felt that I needed it. I have had brown hair for my whole life... the biggest change I ever did was put highlights in or get colorful extensions. Recently, I was ready for a bigger change. So, a couple weeks ago I went to my friend and she dyed my hair red and I am completely in love with it! I feel like I was meant to be a red head.


Anyway, my friend Sage told me that I shouldn't wash my hair everyday (which I usually do), because the color wouldn't last as long. I was stuck in a vicious cycle... because I was washing my hair so much, it was drying out my scalp and causing it to create more oil. So, my hair was ALWAYS greasy after a day so I had to wash it. Washing your hair everyday is not healthy because it dries out your hair and your scalp. Moving on... I decided to pick up a little can of Tresemme Fresh Start dry shampoo. I literally use this shampoo every other day because it's amazing and so EASY to use! All you have to do is shake the can and spray the product on your roots. Then you wait two minutes and massage it into your scalp and roots. This stuff literally makes it look like you just washed your hair. It even gives you some volume and it smells good too!


I would definitely recommend buying some dry shampoo if you color your hair and want the dye to last longer. Or if you just want to keep your hair healthier and less dry. If you have any questions about dry shampoo or would like a YouTube video on how to apply it, e-mail me at glitterocity@gmail.com or leave a comment!






peace, love, & glitter
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment