Monday, June 18, 2012

Makeup Transformation

As you all probably know, makeup can completely transform the way that a person looks. Earlier, I was sitting on the couch with my friend Grace and I had no idea what to blog about. When I asked her, she said that I should blog about her so that's exactly what i'm doing! I have known Grace for almost 10 years now, so it's safe to say that she is like a sister to me. She's basically the first person that I ever practiced doing makeup on, and now i'm honored that I get to do her makeup for every major event that comes up. Makeup by no means defines how pretty a person is, this post is about the transformation that occurs from a makeup application.

Grace is one of those people that is absolutely gorgeous with or without makeup on. Since we grew up together, I was always used to seeing her without makeup so even I was shocked to see how much it really transformed her. The "after" picture was taken on a laptop, so it is not the best quality, but you can definitely see the differences. The three main differences that I saw were: the eyeliner opened her eyes and brought out the color, the blush defined her cheekbones immensely and gave her face a more angular look, and the lipstick (I used OCC Lip Tar) defined the shape of her lips and made them look fuller. I'm really happy with how the finished look turned out considering I also did her hair in the bottom picture which i'm pretty proud of! :)

Makeup is so fun for me. I love transforming the way someone looks and making them feel better about themselves. For my whole life, I have enjoyed making people happy and doing makeup definitely makes that happen. One of the best feelings in the world is watching someone look in the mirror for the first time after their makeup is done. I know that I will have a passion for makeup for the rest of my life.

Thanks Grace for always letting me practice on you! You gave me the inspiration to keep going and i'm so honored that I get to do your makeup for all of the important things that happen in your life. I hope one day i'm doing your wedding makeup! Love you!



Peace, Love, & Glitter
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment