Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Multi-Purpose Product Review!

BB Creams have been taking the beauty world by storm. Many cosmetic brands have been releasing BB Creams and of course I (the curious product obsessed makeup artist) had to try it! What I learned is that BB actually stands for Beauty Balm and BB Creams are tinted balms that are designed to smooth out imperfections on the skin and cover blemishes while still giving the face a natural glow. The BB Cream that I decided to purchase is from Garnier. I got the Light/Medium cream (since I am as pale as Edward from Twilight) and it matches my skin tone almost perfectly. I think that as you rub it in, it allows some of your natural skin tone to show through, so even though Garnier only puts out two shades, they are pretty much universal.

I do not have perfect skin by any means. I have some red spots and discoloration, dark circles under my eyes, and i'm always getting pimples. It took a few times using this product before I realized how to use it that would benefit me the most. At first, I applied it over my moisturizer and after a few hours I realized this was a mistake. If you have oily skin, you do not need to apply a moisturizer before applying this product. I have been using this as a moisturizer when I wear it and it actually works very well. Not only does this act as a moisturizer, for me it also works as a primer for my powder foundation. Because of all of my skin imperfections, I feel that I still need to apply my powder foundation over the BB Cream. I would definitely wear the cream by itself if I was going to the beach, the movies, or to a friend's house to hang out. But, when I am going somewhere more "fancy" I definitely apply my powder to give me a flawless look.

So basically, I found out that this BB Cream has three uses. A moisturizer, a primer, and a foundation. It is priced at around $12, which you can't beat for all the things that it can be used for! I would definitely recommend this product if you prefer a more natural look or if you're looking for a good primer. If you try any other BB Cream brands, or have any questions about this product feel free to e-mail me at glitterocity@gmail.com!



Peace, Love, & Glitter
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment