Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Everyday Makeup Routine!

Hi beauties! I hope you all are having an amazing weekend. It's getting hotter by the minute in New Jersey & my siblings are almost done school so my house will be filled with complete summer madness in a couple of days! I have been wanting to post my everyday makeup routine for awhile, so i'm finally going to share with you guys what I do almost everyday!

Step 1: Moisturize! Depending on how much coverage I need for the day will determine how I moisturize my face. If I want less coverage I will just use a regular moisturizer (usually Ponds), if I want more coverage I use my Garnier BB cream.

Urban Decay Naked Palette
Step 2: Eyes. I always do my eyes before my foundation because that way if your eye shadow falls down onto your cheeks or whatever, you can just wipe it off with a makeup wipe and it doesn't ruin anything. To start my eyes I always use an eye shadow primer (Urban Decay Primer Potion or NYX Primer), this just holds your shadow in place all day and I can't imagine not using it. Then i'll do my eye makeup. Usually I will just use one of the shadows from my Naked palette during the summer because I like to keep a more natural look, but if i'm going out i'll definitely amp up my look with bolder shades. I usually don't wear eyeliner on my top lip everyday, but I do use the Maybelline Master Drama on my water line.

Step 3: Concealer/Foundation/Bronzer. I usually dab some concealer under my eyes because I have under eye circles, and sometimes I will apply it to imperfections on my face such as pimple or red spots. I have been using the Maybelline FIT concealer and I really like it, I usually pat in into my skin with my finger and then blend it with a sponge. Then, I apply my foundation. I have been using Pur Minerals forever... it is a powder foundation any you can buy it at any Ulta store. This foundation covers extremely well for a powder and I love it! I use the Pur Minerals foundation brush with it and it perfectly blends the powder into my skin. If i'm wearing bronzer, I will apply that next on my forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin with a foundation brush. I like to apply bronzer before blush because it adds a nice glow under the blush when it is applied.

Step 4: Blush & Highlight. My favorite blush at the moment is Pinch O' Peach from MAC. It is the perfect summer blush and I use it everyday! I obviously just apply this along my cheek bone. Next, I apply my Natural Glow by Physician's Formula. This gives my the perfect glow that I like. I apply this product with a fan brush above my blush and up towards my forehead (if that makes sense) and then I apply a little bit on my nose.

Kat Von D Setting Spray
Step 5: Setting spray. I always use my makeup setting spray by Kat Von D. This spray is refreshing, smells good, and keeps my makeup in place for hours even when i'm sweating at work. I love this stuff and it is essential to my makeup routine.

Step 6: Mascara. I always curl my lashes before I apply my mascara. Right now, my two favorite mascaras are Maybelline Falsies and Maybelline Mega Plush.

Step 7: Lipstick & Liner. I always apply a lip liner because I think it makes my lipstick look 100 times better. The liner helps to define the shape of your lips before you apply your lipstick. I am a lipstick addict, so I wear it almost everyday. For the summer, I like to wear light colors such as Angel and Pink Nouveau by MAC. I also love Sephora's lip liners because they have tons of colors and they are only $5 a piece.

I would love to hear about your everyday makeup routines and what works for you guys! If you have any questions or would like to see a video tutorial of this please leave a comment or e-mail me at glitterocity@gmail.com :)



Peace, Love, & Glitter
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment